Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Post 1

A Little About Me...

this is a collage of words from my blog below
Hello EDM 310! My name is Erin Holton, I'm 23 years old and currently a junior at the University of South Alabama. My story begins in Sarasota, FL, where I was born and raised. My father was a hospital CEO who had a passion for reconstructing rural hospitals, which caused us to move around quite a bit through my teenage years. His career took us to Clanton, AL and upon graduating high school I decided to attend the University of Alabama at Birmingham. UAB is where I met my husband, Tim, in a chemistry lab. Tim graduated with a chemistry degree and we were engaged in 2008. At that time I postponed my education in order to plan a wedding and save for our first home. We were married in May 2009 and signed on our house the day we returned from our honeymoon.
Six months into our marriage we realized we both truly wanted to return to school. Tim applied and was accepted to Auburn's Harrison School of Pharmacy. We were given an option to either attend the main campus in Auburn or to attend the satellite campus in Mobile. We chose to go Mobile, because who wouldn't want to be as close to the beach as possible? I made the choice to attend USA and pursue a degree in Elementary Education because I've always had a passion for teaching and helping young children. We moved down last July and I began working full time as a sales consultant at Planet AT&T. I love my job because it is extremely flexible and allows me to stay up to date with technology. This is now our second semester in school and while we are still in the process of adjusting to our new life, we love Mobile so far! I'm looking forward to this semester and everything this class has to offer. I hope to take what I learn from this class and apply it to my own classroom one day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Erin!

    Welcome to EDM310!

    Great post! You seem to be a natural at blogging! Your Wordle looks great, and you did your title and alt modifiers perfectly!

    I'm glad to hear that you're hoping to take what you learn from this class and apply it in your own future classroom. I can't wait to see what you come up with this semester!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin,

    Wow, you and your husband are really busy! That is great that you had some options on where you could live and that you both can pursue your dreams at the same time. I moved to Fairhope from Atlanta about 12 years ago and I would never go back. I think once you get settled and into your routine you will really love it here.

    Your blog looks great! You obviously know what your doing and are way ahead of the game. I am so far like a fish out of water when it comes to this class but I am hoping I catch on soon.

    Good luck in the class and with all your future plans.

    Molly

    ReplyDelete